- 2-1. Admissions Timelines (2013 Spring semester)
Categories Period Notes Online Application 10:00 a.m. Mon., April 1, 2013 ~ 5:00 p.m. Tue., April 23, 2013 All applicants must apply online through http://apply.kaist.ac.kr.
The application will be activated from April 1 to April 23. Please read the instructions carefully before you begin your application.
Application Fee : 80,000 KRW or 80USD
(Fee should be paid by the deadline.)
Submission By 5:00 p.m. Tue., April 30, 2013 All materials must be received by KAIST Admissions Office by the official due date. Application package should be postmarked by April 23, 2013.
Late application will not be considered.
Arrival Check of Submitted Documents Mon., April 8, 2013 ~
Wed., May 1, 2013
Please check arrival status of your application at http://apply.kaist.ac.kr.
If it says that you have any missing documents or additionally required documents, please send supplementary documents to admissions office before the submission deadline.
Application Review Wed., May 15, 2013 ~
Wed., May 29, 2013
Respective departments will contact you individually if an interview is necessary. Admissions Notification 5:00 p.m., Fri., june 28, 2013 Admissions results will be posted on the KAIST admissions website along with registration instructions.
First Day of Class Mon., September 2, 2013
- * The timeline in this table is based on local time in South Korea and is subject to change.
- * Please refer to “Application Procedure” on page 11. [★Download]
- 2-2. Regular OSE admission
- This is in February and September. As an enrolled international student of KAIST, you will be exempted from paying tuition, fee (on condition that you achieve GPA of 3.0 or above) and you will be eligible to receive monthly stipend.
- 1. Master's and Ph.D stipend: 300,000 won/month
- 2. Required documents for admission
- An application form
- Statement of purpose
- Statement of financial resources
- A letter of recommendation
- Diploma, credentials, degree certificates
- Transcripts of academic records
- Certificate of official English proficiency test (EPT)
- Curriculum vitae
- Remittance of application fee
- Copy of passport
- 2-3. Schedule for steps
Steps Spring Fall Online application Late September Late April Submission of Application form & documents Early October Middle May Selection on application documents Late October Late May Interview & Verification by phone Late October Early June Final selection & Notification Middle November Late June Admission & Registration Late Janurary Late Augusut